1. Switch off lights and fans when not required
2. Use minimum lights required for the work table and switch off other lights
3. Whenever sufficient day lighting is available, switch off excess lights in corridors and verandahs
4. Whenever sufficient day lighting is available, switch off excess lights during the lunch hours
5. Use one AC only in rooms which are fitted with two ACs. Switch off ACs when the occupant is not in the room
6. One will use 3 to 5% less energy for each degree the AC is set above 22 degree Centigrade(71.5 F) Set the thermostat of the room of AC at 25 Deg. To provide the most comfort at the least cost
7. Using Ceiling room or fans allow you to set the thermostat higher because the air movement will cool the room
8. Turn off your computers / office equipment when not in use
9. Screen savers save the computer screens, not energy. Start-ups and shutdowns do not use any extra energy nor are they hard on your computer components. In fact, shutting down computers down when you have finished using them actually reduces system wear and saves energy
10. Setting computers, monitors and copiers to use sleep mode when not in use help cuts energy cost by approximately 40%
11. Use photo copiers during specific timings only. Collect various copying works and carry out during the specific timings only. Avoid frequent on-off switching since more power is drawn during every start up
12. Battery chargers, such as those for laptops, cellphones, and digital cameras, draw power whenever they are plugged in. Switch off, pull the plug and save energy
13. Avoid incandescent lamps which consumes more power.
14. Ensure monitoring and follow up of above measures by all concerned.