Tech Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Labview and Virtual Instrumentation


Labview and Virtual Instrumentation

Most of the technololgy related articles that i have been posting are only related with Microcontroller, VLSI technology, Robotics, Matlab and Embedded systems. While i am searching in latest tech, i got this topic i.e. Labview and Virtual instrumentation. This is new for most of the engineering tech students or candidates, but this is an another emerging field particularly for engineering students.

I would like to discuss on the usage and development of virtual instruments ( instruments which are not physical instruments but accessible and reconfigurable through pc)and the intergration of PC based test and control systems, including the software (Labview software) used to develop PC based test and control systems, the hardware used in such systems and other useful technology involved.

Virtual instruments are graphical instruments which are accessible only through PC. These instruments behave like real instruments like ammeter, voltmeter, measuring instruments and all sort of instruments used in the instrumentaion field.

In order to configure and use these instruments Labview software is available. It is like a matlab software where instruments are availabe as model which can be connected as if a real instruments are connected. Display is also available. e.g. LED with different colors.

All sort of programming can be done with this software in order to complete a circuit like real experiments. Input to the circuit can be given really to the Labview environment through data acqusition card. I will discuss more on this and also get more info by my latter posts.

8 comments:

Preeti said...

hi, good introduction ..do u know about any medical imaging products developed using labview?

Anonymous said...

hi,am doing my bachelor's in instrumentation engineering...can u suggest me wth any good project?my area of interest is virtual instrumentation

Anonymous said...

hi,am doing my engg in instrumentation engineering ......... can u suggest me with a project especially medical based or power based or security based projects developed using labview

vivek said...

hey, am doing my bachelors in instrumentation. Could u help me in selecting any good project based on virtual instrumentation, in which i'm interested upon. can u help me how to choose a project.

vivek said...

hey, am doing my bachelors in instrumentation. Could u help me in selecting any good project based on virtual instrumentation, in which i'm interested upon. can u help me how to choose a project.

┌●Yµĸě$H ѴĭĴãŸ●┐ said...

hi,am doing my engg in instrumentation engineering ......... can u suggest me with a project especially medical based or power based or security based projects developed using labview

deena said...

hi am doin ma final yr electronics n instrumentation..can u suggest some projects based on labview in the field of medical , power r process

Unknown said...

hello,
i like to do mini project in labview can u suggest me some topics which can be done or done already in labview.. waitng for quick response.. thank you